Want to impress a client who needs a consultation for his or her front yard? Do your homework. According to a recent landscape study by Houzz, 41 percent of homeowners want a new front yard that’s extremely different from their neighbors.
So when thinking about how to sell services that will increase a client’s curb appeal, first check out what their neighbors are working with. Then plan upgrades for your customer. Consider improvements that more than half of those updating their front yards are looking for: the addition of beds or borders, new shrubs and planting perennials.
- 55% – of homeowners spent more than $15,000 on overhaul projects
- 48% – spent under $5,000 on major projects
- 73% – spent under $5,000 on minor projects
Another popular item to help make a client’s front yard stand out? Lighting, of course. Nearly half of homeowners making outdoor renovations are updating lighting, and 73 percent are choosing LEDs. Keep this in mind, too: 1 in 5 homeowners want smart lighting they can control from a computer or their mobile device, according to the Houzz study.
Backyard makeovers are still just as popular and important when marketing to clients. We recently conducted a Twitter poll showing what customers are saying they want:
“What is the most popular reason why your clients are asking you to spruce up their backyards so far this season?”
- 39% – Defined gardening space
- 33% – Spend more time with family
- 14% – More seating areas
- 14% – Desire to cook outdoors
- 4 Landscaping Trends from the 2017 Houzz Survey
- How Much Does Landscaping Really Add To A Home’s Value?
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8230377 http://ift.tt/2vhW5q8